Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Spamalot

#14: Dance more

via
I'm choreographing the local high school's fall musical, Spamalot. Have you seen/heard of it? I hadn't. Its a really funny knights of the round table sort of story. Its ripped from the movie, Monty Python and The Holy Grail. I got the gig (I feel like a New York aspiring actress when I say I got the gig so I say it any chance I get), because my close friend and prior co-president of the university's dance club used to do it for them. When she moved last year she gave them my name as a recommendation.

About two weeks ago I taught the students a few counts of choreography for their audition process and it was fun. Today I'm going to the school to teach the cast their opening number. I've never worked with high school students before, but I'm hoping all goes well! I'm nervous they wont think my moves are dope or that I'll use some dumb word like dope while teaching. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner