Monday, October 8, 2012

What I Learned About Fashion

I talked here about how I've been in desperate need of new clothes. Well I recently went on a clothes shopping trip! I was really clueless about what to expect to find in the stores these days. Yes... it had been that long. I took some notes on what I learned out in the field of current fashion... or TJ Max... whatever you'd like to call it.

via

Notes from my first clothes shopping trip in years. 


1. There are these things called jeggings. They are something between a pair of jeans and leggings. They look like jeans but are leggings. They lie. I honestly couldn't make sense of them so I didn't bother. Have you bought a pair?

2. This season's hottest trends include spin offs of dracula, honey bees, witches, teddy bears... oh wait no...no that's not right, we had been in the costume section. Gotta be careful when shopping and acknowledge the time of year.

3. Sparkles are BIG. Walking into TJ Max, seemed like I had stumbled upon Tina Turner's closet. I like this trend though, very pretty.

4. LACE IS EVERYWHERE! I felt like Morticia from the Adama's Family when trying on some black lacy tops. Dananana snap snap. And I know what you are thinking... NO I wasn't accidentally in the costume section again.

5. Bright colors are all the rage. I'm telling you my mom called it! When she dressed my siblings and I up in bright neon so it would be easier for her to keep track of us in large crowds, she was igniting a major future fashion trend. Who knew... my mom the fashionesta.

I decided to stir clear of anything to outrageous as I'm just getting my feet wet in the world of fashion or well really... the world of proper clothing again. I found this cream sweater that I LOVE. Its all lacy, but not creepy Morticia lacy. 


You might have noticed that my blog layout has taken on a new style too! I've been doing my html homework and attempting to create a new look. I have been trying to figure out how to create my own navigator bar for the pages underneath my header, for awhile now. I had googled and spent a lot of  time trying to figure out the proper html code until I discovered Allie's very clear instructions on how to make your own.

So there you have it! New style all around.

Thanks for reading and have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner