Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Clothes

I need to buy new clothes. Last night Derek picked a pair of my shorts off the floor and was shocked.

DEREK: Did you know that there is a huge hole in the crotch of these shorts?
CASSANDRA: Doesn't that just make them into a skirt?
DEREK: You're kidding right? You can't wear these. They are falling apart.
 CASSANDRA: Well I only have one other pair of shorts.
DEREK: WOW...You really need to get some new clothes.
CASSANDRA: I know but I'm saving up for NYC and I want to get a new camera and we need to get the car fixed before winter.
DEREK: Well to do all of that you need clothes.

He's right. I can't attend the Macy's Parade naked and at the rate that my worn out clothes are deteriorating I might have to if I don't invest in a new wardrobe. I can't remember the last time I spent money on clothes. I must have been rocking the, 42 year old mother of 4 What Not to Wear show contestant look for awhile now. I used to like shopping and buying new clothes. I think I stopped shopping after I had gained a little weight. I convinced myself that I would lose it asap and not need to buy anything bigger. So I've just been wearing the few clothes that fit me and they have sure seen better days.


So this weekend I am going to buy clothes. Having no clue what the kids are wearing these days I took to the new Marie Claire magazine to do some research. I was a wee bit surprised by what I saw. I'm afraid if I tried to wear half the stuff I saw in there I would be mistaken for some wild animal wandering the streets of my small town and someone would shoot me. I like all the neon colors I saw, but they reminded me of when my mother would dress my siblings and I in the same neon green t-shirts before leaving the house so she wouldn't lose us in large crowds. I guess my madre saw this trend coming! Looks like I'll just have to figure out this style thing on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner