Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Crafts With Cats

Since Derek and I's schedules are clashing again, I've been spending a lot of quality time with the cats (and Pinterest). Last week, Sophie, Logan, Pinterest, and I pulled out the scissors and glue and got crafty.


I made this little banner that hangs above the door that separates our four season porch (my woman cave) and the kitchen.


Logan supervised the project


and Sophie gave her input.





Viola! Another little project

Oh, I'm just kidding! I swear I'm not that crazy.... My cats don't supervise or give input. Don't be concerned for my sanity...just yet!

But really, they have been keeping me company when Derek is working late. Whenever they're not hiding that is. My cats like to hide so that I think I've accidentally let them out of the house. They enjoying watching me run around like a mad woman and holler their names in the street. I'm sure they sit by the window and watch me do this. It's happened a few times and I always come home, sure that I've lost them forever, until I find them in places like...

Drawers...


On top of cupboards...

He just sat there while I ran between rooms shouting "LOGAN! LOGI-BEAR", and then watched as I, almost in tears, called Derek to tell him I had lost the cat.
Camouflaged with dirty clothes in laundry baskets...


Under the hood of a coat...


In the bath tub...
Burrowed in blankets...

And the trickiest of all... 
Squeezed into brown paper bags.


 I always do find them after a slight heart attack. 

SO, my cats do not supervise my activities or give input (I haven't lost it yet!), but they DO conspire together to watch me panic and search for them. Those little buggers. Sometimes I get frustrated and threaten to bring them back to the shelter. Then they give me this look that says, "Are you kidding? If we weren't here what would you have to blog about?".  They are so right.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner