Monday, September 3, 2012

Favorite Trends of Summer ~ Blush

So, Fashionable Reader, is it now September and despite the hot weather Fall is in the style air. Autumn is my favorite season, clothing wise. Tights and leather? Cute jackets? Boots? Equestrian everywhere? Sign me up. And this blog will start to swing to reflect that affection shortly.

But it was a lovely Spring/Summer season, full of soft colors and structured retro silhouettes. And I fell deeply in love with a few of the color pallet trends. So before we leave the hot sun, I wanted to reflect back on some of my favorites. Some of which will probably stay in my wardrobe to pair with those very same tights and boots. And I'm going to start with this post all about . . . blush.

Some classic vintage takes from Chanel & Lanvin.

 1925 Coco Chanel The Museum at FIT; 1937  Jeanne Lanvin  The Metropolitan Museum of Art

And some more modern romantic twists on the color.


 Some retro takes:


 Elie-Saab-Couture for Fall 2012; Dress from Rusty Zipper

I will admit to being a little afraid of looking naked, because this color is close to my own skin tone, here are some options if you are like me with regards to fears of this color.




And here's one vintage and one modern way to wear this color.



Retro Rack is also on facebook where I post additional images and fashion thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner